There are very few armor types in this game. Most of them have different skills and may be best suited for certain characters. For example: Mages will benefit from cloth armor because it has extra casting speed. Some armor is optional and missable. The attributes on the armor will appear upon upgrading to +9 for body pieces, and +7 for leg pieces. Armor can be upgraded at Upgrade Shops with Gold and Gnome Copper, Gnome Silver, or Gnome Gold to a maximum of +9, to increase Defense, Magic Defense, and unlock new parts for customization in the color menu. In New Game+ this number exceeds to +99, and requires one Particle of the Outsider for each upgrade. Optional armor requires unique ingredients to upgrade to +9, and one Particle of the Outsider from there on out. Armor can be customized from the color menu, with the exception of Calista's Dress, Calista's Ballgown, and the Knight's Attire.
The armor listed here is very common. It can be bought at the armor shop, and upgraded pieces (+1 or more) can be dropped by enemies or found in treasure chests.
- Brave Armor: Defense and magical defense 3-5% increase
- Brave Greaves: Defense and magical defense 3-5% increase
- Cloth Armor: An extra 5-15% casting speed increase.
- Cloth Greaves: Maximum HP increase 5-20%
- Feather Armor: Casting speed increase 5-15%
- Feather Greaves: SP accumulation 10-20% increase
- Heavy Armor: When guarding, damage is reduced by 10-30%
- Heavy Greaves: SP accumulation 10-20% increase
- Hunter Armor: Maximum HP increase 10-30%
- Hunter Greaves: Maximum HP increase 5-20%
- Leather Armor: Automatic HP recovery 1-5% per second while hiding
- Leather Greaves: Movement Speed increase 10-15%
- Stealth Armor: Automatic HP recovery by 1-5% per second when hiding
- Stealth Greaves: Movement speed increase 10-15%
Optional armor can be only be found through certain events. The armor is not customizable and takes up both armor slots (except for Dragon Armor). Calista's Dress and Ballgown can only be worn by female characters, while the Knight's Attire can only be worn by male party members. Calista's Dress and Ballgown cannot be upgraded through normal upgrade shops and must be upgraded by a maid in the Lazulis Castle Courtyard. Ranks 7 -9 of Calista's armor use Silver / Indigo Thread to upgrade (1 per playthrough or randomly from getting first in online Deathmatch). Knight Armor cannot be upgraded through normal upgrade shops and must be upgraded by a craftsman at the north end of Artisan's Way. Ranks 7-9 of Knight Attire use Ancient Alloy to upgrade (1 per playthrough or randomly from getting first in online Deathmatch).
- Calista's Ballgown (the black one): Recover 1% of HP when hiding
- Calista's Dress (the blue one): When barrier is on, damage reduced 50-90%
- Dragon Armor (Sidequest): When Calista's barrier is visible, damage reduced is 50-90%
- Dragon Greaves (Sidequest): 10-100% chance knockback is reduced
- Knight's Attire (found in cabinet): 10-100% chance knockback is reduced.